- 1. Can the festival be reached by bus?
- 2. How can I volunteer?
- 3. How much does it cost to attend?
- 4. How can I support the Festival?
- 5. How do I register to get in?
- 6. Is the festival site handicapped accessible?
- 7. Is there parking?
- 8. Lost something?
- 9. When is the Vermont International Festival?
- 10. Where is the Vermont International Festival?
- 11. Why should one visit this festival?
1. Can the festival be reached by bus?
Yes. The Champlain Valley Exposition can be reached via CCTA bus Route 2 Burlington-Essex Junction. This bus runs weekdays and Saturdays. For more information, please call CCTA at 802-864-CCTA (2282) or visit www.ridegmt.com.
2. How can I volunteer?
There are a variety of opportunities to help out at the Festival, including:
- Setting up at the Expo Center on Wednesday evening and/or Thursday morning/afternoon/evening (hanging flags, signs, covering tables....)
- Breaking down at the Expo Center on Sunday evening (beginning at 5:00 p.m.)
- Selling tickets on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday
- Staffing craft booths temporarily (to allow vendors working alone to take a quick break) on Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday
- Keeping the food court clean
- Selling food tokens
- Shifts for selling tickets, staffing craft booths and selling food tokens are Friday 5:00 - 8:00 pm. Saturday 10:00 am - 12:30 pm, 12:30 - 3:00 pm, 3:00 to 6 pm. Sunday 10:00 am - 12:30 pm, 12:30 - 3:00 pm, 3:00 to 5 pm. This is a great opportunity to spend time volunteering with friends or family members and get to know your community. Plus you get to enjoy the festival for free on the day you volunteer! For information on festival volunteer opportunities, please contact Amy Billings, email@example.com.
3. How much does it cost to attend?
Admission is good for the entire weekend!
$10/Adult (ages 18+).
$5/child (age 6-17) or student with ID.
$5/senior (age 65+).
$25/family (2 adults and their children).
Children under 6 are free!
*School day (12/6/2019) admission: $5 per student, 1 chaperone per 5 students/free.
4. How can I support the Festival?
How can I support the Festival? You can donate via Paypal.
5. How do I register to get in?
General public - no need to register. Just come and pay for tickets at the door.
School Reservation Form - School Groups register in advance for a 2-hour time slot.
Craft Vendor Registration
Food Vendor Registration
Community Group Registration
6. Is the festival site handicapped accessible?
Yes, and everything is at ground level.
7. Is there parking?
Yes. There is unlimited free parking on-site.
8. Lost something?
If you lost something at the festival, check with us if it was found. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-863-6713. Any found items are kept for two weeks after the festival. Items that are unclaimed after two weeks will be donated to charity or discarded.
9. When is the Vermont International Festival?
The festival is held annually on the second weekend after Thanksgiving. The dates for 2020 are:
Friday, December 4, 9:00 am-3:00 pm (school day)
Friday, December 4, 5:00-8:00 pm
Saturday, December 5, 10:00 am-6:00 pm
Sunday, December 6, 10:00 am-5:00 pm
10. Where is the Vermont International Festival?
The festival is held at the Champlain Valley Exposition, Route 15, Pearl Street, Essex Junction, Vermont.
11. Why should one visit this festival?
The VIF is a unique and unforgettable event. It is the largest and most comprehensive international festival in Vermont and is a special blend of international crafts, ethnic foods, and multi-cultural music and dance.
The festival has been voted one of the Top Ten Winter Events by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce!